Friday, April 22, 2011

Post Battenkill 12 Days... Downtime!

It felt great to wake up to lightly bruised and annoyingly sore quads the day after Battenkill.  I decided I need a somewhat down couple of weeks after riding and focusing for 3+ months on the second weekend of April.  I do enjoy a beer or two from time to time and really enjoy a good red wine, but enjoyed it a bit more these past 2 weeks.  Sure, I still raced… but did not do much of a warmup or cooldown and also neglected on my mid-week maintenance rides that have become very helpful the past few months.  I also realized I still suck at guitar hero… something I am unsure whether to be happy with or ashamed about.   Also of note, is the fact that I realized that B horror flicks are both not entertaining and all too predictable… I would assume this is a result of not seeing one of these in recent years until this week and not from the fact that I have grown intellectually in any way.
Post-Battenkill  Week’s  Stats:
Races: 3 including Battenkill (TOB, Augusta Crit, Tour de Lake)
Wins: 2 including Battenkill (TOB, Augusta, 2nd at TDL)
Pat and I on the attack at Tour De Lake
Hours on the bike: 16
Mornings slept in rather than riding: 5
Nights Spent Playing Guitar Hero until 1 am: 1 (I still suck at that game)
Hours Spent Playing Shuffleboard in a dingy Local Bar: 3
Trivia Nights Spent at Local Irish Watering Hole: 1
Cups of Coffee Drank: 17 (5 more than a regular two week period)
Late Night Movies Watched: 6 (Soul Surfer, 127 Hours, Pirahna, I Spit on Your Grave, Frozen, Scream 4)
Crappy Late Night Movies Watched: 2 (Pirahna, Frozen)
Pints of Ice Cream devoured: 4 (2x Snickers Vanilla Ice Cream, 2x Edy’s Butter Pecan
Bottles of Wine drank: 2 (Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Grigio)
Beers Drank: 23 (a variety of Fine/Cheap American brews… Bud light, Yuengling, Mich Ultra)
Up next for me is a return to serious miles/hours next week and a focus on the Cat 3 race at the Kilington Stage Race.  First, I will be racing at Prospect Park 4/23 in what promises to be a windy and rainy circuit race.  Keep the rubber side down… (knocking on wood)!

-JJ

1 comment:

  1. Hi! This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!
    Catskill Mt. Real Estate

    ReplyDelete